- Identify the number of bottles required, and their sizes.
- Source offers and purchase suitable bottles.
- Allocate bottles to the catering facilities and, if appropriate, also to your institution’s meeting rooms or break rooms.
- Inform staff about the bottles with instructions for their correct use and cleaning.
More Issues To Consider
- When purchasing the glass bottles (carafes), make sure they are easy to clean (i.e. dishwasher safe).
- It should be clearly communicated that stale tap water should not be consumed.
- To improve the attractiveness of the scheme, consider engraving the glass bottles with a logo or a sustainability message. For engravings, it is best to procure bottles made of borosilicate glass suitable for sandblast engraving. Laser engraving, on the other hand, leads to splinters and an indistinct appearance.