- Find a place for a social kitchen in the municipal housing resources
- Renovate the kitchen – by a municipal entity, with the assistance of local citizens (volunteers);
Look for sponsors and donors to equip the social kitchen;
- Transfer surplus food from the city's canteens (including school canteens) to social kitchens or directly to people in need (through NGOs and volunteers);
- Use reusable containers (for example, glass jars collected by public officers and reusable boxes for takeaway meals);
- Create a social fridge network - eatery – giving a 24 hours a day access to everyone to shared storage facilities (accompanied by a social campaign aimed at encouraging citizens to share food with people in need); social fridges are used by people in crisis while the social kitchen is closed;
- Obtain food from entrepreneurs (including social economy entities) and food banks (through NGOS), then prepare healthy meals for residents in crisis in the social kitchen with their involvement;
Freeze the surplus food;
- Encourage citizens to use the social kitchen - you can bring your own products or exchange a part of it for some available on-site.
More Issues To Consider
- The social kitchen and the fridge network can be extended with culinary workshops or shared cultivation of vegetables and herbs.
- Network with other initiatives working in a similar field.